Secretvpn.net provides virtual private networking («VPN»)/Private Internet Services . The Services are owned and operated by IT Privacy limited company registered in Hong Kong under company number 2372632. We are providing privacy and anonymity tools, consequently we are committed to protect your privacy.
This Terms of service sets out the basic rules for using our service, rules for collecting personal data and its applications.
SecreVPN reserves the right to revise these Terms of Service as and when needed. Using the Services after the changes become effective means you agree to the new Terms. If you don’t agree to the new Terms, you must stop using the Services. If we do not hear from you within ten days, then the revised Terms will apply to you.
You Agree to
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms. Please read them carefully as they constitute the Terms and Conditions of a legally binding agreement between you and the company.
When you agree to use our Services, Virtual Private Network («VPN»), which includes, but is not limited to, the use of our servers, routers, IP addresses, protocols, add-ons, software, applications and other equipment, you authorize us to transmit information using our network, and you agree to accept the Terms with respect to your use of our VPN Services.
The Information We Collect
There are «No Mandatory Data Retention Laws» in Hong Kong therefore, we try to store as little data as possible, as we can’t be forced to give away something we don’t have.
Data we store:
- Your login credentials (username and password)
- The email address you provide
- The expiration date of your account
We do log connection and disconnection time of any vpn logins or connections you make.
We solely record the total usage ratio of the servers, i.e. how much traffic is being used on our servers.
If you pay for use of our services, we will use a third party payment processor to take payment from you. These third parties are properly regulated and authorised to handle your payment information and are prohibited from using your personal information for promotional purposes or for any other purposes other than providing these services to SecretVPN. We claim no responsibility for how they handle your data.
Disclosure of your information
SecretVPN doesn’t support crime, therefore we will only share information with authorities having valid legal documents or with alleged victims having clear proof of crime activity. We will only do so in the best interest of our customers and our company.
When and if a competent court of law orders us or an alleged victim requests us (that we rigorously self-assess) to release some information, with proper evidence, that our services were used for any activity that you agreed not to indulge in when you agreed to our Terms of Service Agreement, then we will only present specific information about that specific activity only, in case we have the record of any such activity.
Blog and social media
In order to protect our Services from being misused, abused or to harm someone, we have made some rules that apply to every user equally, regardless of the package plan chosen by them. These rules have been erected solely to ensure that every user gets to enjoy complete internet freedom, without harassing or harming any other user, and without abusing our Service. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Web Site and/or the Services for violating any of the prohibited uses or for any other reason in our sole and exclusive decision.
You specifically agree not to:
- Sending, introducing or executing malicious programs to any network or server, such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and key loggers
- Causing or initiating security breaches or disruptions of network communication and/or connectivity, including flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, and forged routing information
- Hacking, and/or subverting, or assisting others in subverting, the security or integrity of Internet and intranet systems
- Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for the member
- Evading or circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including cracking, brute-force, or dictionary attacks
- Interfering with or denying service to any user, host, or network, such as a denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack
- Using any program, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with or disable a user’s session
- Sending unsolicited bulk messages (i.e., “spamming”)
- Forgery of e-mail headers (“spoofing”)
- Issuing a dangerous threat, threatening bodily harm, or encouraging bodily harm or property destruction
- Harassing another, or encouraging harassing behavior
- Collecting or distributing personal information about non-celebrities and non-prominents without their knowledge or consent
- Sending, distributing or premeditatedly requesting any information, data, material, or work that infringes the intellectual property rights of others or violates any trade secret right of any other person
- Using our services to disseminate, exchange, swap, upload, download, store, collect, or display still or moving images classified under international law as child pornography or child erotica (regardless of literary or artistic merit) and/or bestiality
- Using SecretVPN’s servers to run hidden, publicly available servers/services
- Committing or perpetrating any act that is considered a capital crime, a felony, a criminal offense, a misdemeanor or an administrative offense under the jurisdiction of the country in which the server you are using is located
- Acting in any manner that might subject SecretVPN to unfavorable regulatory action, subject us to any liability for any reason, or adversely affect SecretVPN’s public image, reputation or goodwill, as determined by us in our sole and exclusive discretion
If you are not satisfied with the services, as the service proves to be not useable for you, we will gladly refund your payment if the refund is requested within thirty (30) days from the date of the purchase.
Requests will be denied if they are made after this thirty (30) day purchase date window.
If you have started a refund process under this Section, you understand that SecretVPN support may ask for additional information related to the request sent to your account e-mail address or via live chat. If you fail to provide requested information within fourteen (14) days from the date of the request sent, you understand that you are forfeiting the entire refund request and that you are not eligible for a refund under this Section.
Also you understand that you are only eligible for a refund once in a three-month period from the most recent account/extension purchase date.
You understand that if any exchange rates are involved the exchange rate at the time of the disbursement applies, and not the one at the time of the original transaction or refund request.
You understand that refunds for coupon based transactions are not available under any circumstances.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEB SITE AND THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK
NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENTS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, VENDORS, AND/OR OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND MEMBERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES.
WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. BY UTILIZING THE WEB SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO OUR DISCLAIMER OF ANY SUCH LIABILITY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE UTILIZE THE WEB SITE.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to its conflicts of legal provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Hong Kong and any cause of action that relates to or arises from these Terms and/or the Web Site and/or the Services must be filed therein unless subject to the binding arbitration provisions of Arbitration Section, infra.
The effective date of these Terms is 18 may 2017.